Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cucumbers!

Since it has been so hot outside lately and summer is nearly on my doorstep, I've started eating lots of cucumbers. I like to slice them in sticks and eat them cold out of the fridge. They are a great healthy snack and if you have a little craving mid-morning or mid-afternoon, they are an excellent source of vitamin B and actually contain carbs to give you energy.

In fact, cucumbers are a very good source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and folic acid. Not to mention vitamin C, calcium, IRON (very important for me!), magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and zinc. Betcha didn't know that, did you? (Neither did I! A friend emailed me information about cucumbers that I think it is important to pass on. Plus, I translated it to English for you. That'll be $20. ;)

I plan on eating lots of cucumbers to hopefully keep my anemia at bay... or at least under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment