Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vitamin E - Is Yours Legit?

I was reading about vitamin E the other day, about how good it is for the skin and all, when I stumbled across this: did you know that the vitamin E you buy may be artificial? It's true, and when I checked mine I was shocked to see that mine wasn't natural. How to tell? Read the label.

If your vitamin capsule contains d-alpha-trocopheryl, it's natural.

If it contains dl-alpha-trocopheryl, it's synthetic. It's that one little l in the name that makes all the difference.

I'm not just being an organic snob here, either. What I read was that the synthetic vitamin isn't as effective.

When in doubt, of course, one can always go to the source: vitamin E can be found in walnuts, peanuts, almonds, fish oil, sunflower oil, avocado, wheat germ and sweet potato.

Now that you know, eat one of these foods today.

I'm off to eat some almonds. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment